Below is a list of positions we are currently hiring for! To apply for any position(s)below, please read the job description thoroughly and fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Please upload a resume and cover letter in a single file. Thank you!
Payroll & HR Coordinator
|Reports To:||Accounting Manager||Revision Dates: 4/27/2017|
The Payroll & HR Coordinator will support all payroll and human resource functions, and provide excellent customer service while exercising discretion and judgment. This position will prepare Bath, Inc.’s bi-weekly, certified payroll, and maintain earnings, attendance, and time reporting records for all employees. The Payroll & HR Coordinator will create, compile, maintain, and file all employee records; track performance management, safety records, and employment separations. The Payroll & HR Coordinator will coordinate recruitment activities; onboard new hires and complete required paperwork; answer employee policy and benefit questions; assist with employee relations; and provide support to managers and employees.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Calculate employee time worked, production, commission, bonus, and any other pay, as well as deductions from pay. Prepare all employee deductions for each payroll including taxes, benefits, and others.
- Make and record all federal payroll tax deposits in a timely fashion. Prepare quarterly tax returns.
- Interpret Company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Assist with preparation of government reports.
- General knowledge of wage-and-hour laws and regulations to efficiently process bi-weekly payrolls and accruals. Ability to seek guidance when needed.
- Receive and process child support deductions and garnishments, and pay the appropriate recipients of these funds.
- Review benefit plan enrollment forms to ensure complete and accurate; assign appropriate payroll deduction; forward to insurance carriers.
- Prepare manual payroll checks as required in case of payroll errors or terminations.
- Maintain calendar indicating scheduled pay dates and dates when employees are added to benefit programs that require payroll deductions.
- Post all employee time, including hours worked and special pay, as well as deductions to the payroll system.
- Check with supervisors if there are any discrepancies in terms of authorized overtime, shift differentials, or reasons for absences, either paid or unpaid.
- Make required changes to employee information such as pay rates, salaries, change of address, withholding or regular deductions, and post to the payroll system.
- Audit payroll register to ensure changes were made and payroll is accurate before it is final.
- Prepare special reports for managers, as needed.
- Explain Bath, Inc. policies, benefits, and procedures to employees and job applicants.
- Create, process, verify, and maintain documentation related to personnel activities; employee information, recruitment, training, performance, employment classification, benefits, and employment separations.
- Answer employee questions regarding policies, wages, benefits, opportunities, and other employment information.
- Source and recruit applicants; post job ads, review and screen applicants, coordinate new hire applicants and paperwork.
- Onboard new hires; complete all paperwork and orientation materials.
- Support managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and harassment.
- Serve as a link between management and employees; address questions, interpret and administer policies, and help resolve work-related problems.
- Provide support to management for the consistent and appropriate application of policies and procedures.
- May assist with difficult duties; conflict management, process disciplinary procedures and terminations.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Notify appropriate parties immediately of any safety infractions, concerns, problems or unsafe activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to the organizations vision and mission, act as a company steward of resources, interact effectively as a team member, and work in a self-directed and dependable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent learning experience. Bachelor’s degree or associate degree preferred
- Minimum experience one (1) year of payroll experience preferred
- Office experience required
- Experience in organizing, administrative support, and/or human resources practices preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability to exercise professionalism, poise, tactfulness, diplomacy, and good interpersonal skills in order to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- General knowledge of wage-and-hour laws and regulations to efficiently process payroll and accruals
- Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy
- Basic knowledge of Section 125 FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) including recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills; able to use and learn multiple computer software and systems (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc…)
- Able to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent attendance punctuality, dependability, and reliability
- Pleasant and courteous attitude
- Able to work independently and make independent judgments which impact the company and customers
- Sound critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to solve standard problems and seek guidance on complex problems
The work environment is a standard office environment, with occasional exposure to a retail nursery environment. If feasible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. If feasible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear and remain sedentary. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. and be able to push, pull and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
POSITION: Retail Nursery Salesperson
OBJECTIVE: To assist customers, to maintain a quality shopping and working environment and to insure the profitable success of Bath.
REPORTS TO: Retail Nursery Sales Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual, predictable, regular attendance, reliable, follow through on tasks assigned
- Cooperative interaction with coworkers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeting customers with friendliness and respect
- Sales of nursery stock and tie-in items
- Assisting customers with simple designs
- Stocking of nursery plant material
- Loading of nursery plant material
- Pruning, trimming, weeding and watering of displays
- Learning plant materials and tie-in items such as fertilizers & chemicals
- Attending weekly sales meetings
- Facilities cleaning and maintenance
- Completing paperwork such as nursery tickets, delivery tickets, etc.
- Following dress code per company manual
- Dedication to the success of Bath, Inc.
- Quality motivated
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly courteous demeanor
- Willingness to work long hours if needed occasionally
- Strong sales skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to understand and execute instructions
- Horticultural background
- Willingness to perform a variety of jobs in a variety of physical conditions
- Willingness to work long hours when needed
- Safety conscious and willingness to follow established safety procedures
- Ability to use tools such as shovels and rakes and power tools such as saws, drills, etc.
- Ability to safely operate skid steer loader, etc.
- Legal drivers license with good motor vehicle record
- Drug Free
- Ability to lift heavy (50+ lbs.) items