5 Reasons to Plant Colorado Native Species
1. Native plants have adapted to local soil, rainfall and temperature conditions which makes them hardy.
2. You can save time and money when you invest in plants that are local to Northern Colorado because they require less water, pesticides, fertilizers and maintenance.
3. Native plants offer better shelter and food for native animals.
4. Landscaping with native plants helps restore the land to a healthy ecosystem and protects biodiversity.
5. Native plants have a natural defense against threats such as insects and diseases; That means they will thrive and continue to adapt and pass on those traits.
Learn about different varieties of Colorado Native trees and shrubs: